Specialist Premium German underlay to use on any hard floors be it Tiles, Wood, Laminate, Stone, Luxury Vinyl. Very affective and convenient underlay Anti Slip mat solution for preventing rugs from slipping, creeping and moving on all hard floors. This special underlay is also designed and safe to use for natural wood floors as it does not mark or leave any residue on your wood.
Premium underlay 240g/m2 high quality black and grey combination polyester. Special non tacky black side for wood and luxury vinyl floors
When placing a rug or mat on smooth flooring, place the black side down facing the smooth floor, then place the rug or mat on top of the grey side.
- Cut about 1″-3″ smaller than the rug to be installed
- Remove the plastic release liner
- Place the black side down, facing the floor
- Then place the rug on top of the grey side.
The Black Premium underlay can be easily cut with scissors or a utility knife.
Please note the following underlay sizes will come in 2 pieces as the width of the rolls vary, this does not affect the performance of the underlay in any way, you will simply put the cut pieces together to make it to the required size.
- 170x240cm – you will get 2 pieces (110x240cm + 60x240cm)
- 180x280cm – you will get 2 pieces (110x280cm + 70x280cm or if we have we will just add 1 piece of 180x280cm)
- 220x320cm – you will get 2 pieces (110x320cm + 110x320cm)
- 300x390cm – you will get 2 pieces (150x390cm + 150x390cm)
- For other sizes you can simply add a variety of suitable sizes and make it to the required size or ask us to cut a particular length and width for you prior to purchase
Prior to installing the underlay, the floor should be vacuumed, clean and dry. Do not install the underlay on a wet floor. In order to obtain a long-lasting non-skid performance, avoid frequent removal and re-installation of the underlay from its designated installation area.
If several pieces of the underlay are necessary for one rug, simply apply as many pieces as needed, side-by-side. Taping or splicing is NOT necessary.
Black Premium Rug Underlay
will not give a permanent bond to the floor. It is a re-positionable underlay: harmless to your floors and rugs.
We do not advise using this underlay with plastic, rubber or felt backed rugs or mats.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I need underlay for my rug or mat?
• Underlay should be considered as an investment that will help maintain your rug or mats appearance for the duration of its lifetime.
• Reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls from rugs or mats.
• Stop your rug or mat from moving and creeping.
• Stop your rug or mat from curling at the corners and pushing up against furniture.
• Stop abrasion on timber or delicate floor surfaces.
• Provide extra cushioning
Which side faces up on hard floor?
The grey side faces up over hard floor while the black side faces down. See the full installation details above
Will Black Premium Rug Underlay leave a residue?
The Black Premium Rug Underlay will not leave a residue on your floor.
Is Back Premium Rug Control washable?
The underlay is washable up to 30°
Do multiple pads need to be taped together?
If several pieces of Black Premium Rug Control are necessary for one rug, simply apply as many pieces as needed, side-by-side. Taping or splicing is not necessary.
Made in: Germany For us “Made in Germany” means constant testing of the high standards and innovative development of rug underlays.
Sizes: If you can not see a required size in the list please get in touch with us and we can supply any size underlay requested.
Delivery time: 2-3 working days